Goodbye 2017, Welcome 2018!

2017 has been a tough year for me. Not only in my career or relationship but also in my family, because we have lost our dear father/husband. Everytime a day goes by, I feel like "thank God I can pass today without being dramatic!!" Only God knows how much I've cried this year.

Entering 2018, I have mixed feelings. I have to be honest with you.. I am excited but I also feel a lil bit anxious. For some people, I am the most optimistic person, but honestly, I'm worried about how I AM going to behave or act in 2018.

Most days of 2017 were filled with tears, fears, worries, doubts and of course when I left 2016, I didn't expect 2017 to be that way.. that made me feel like I shouldn't have waited until 2017 ended to decide to make a change.

To be honest, I never thought that I would lose my father at the age of 22.. I never thought that I couldn't graduate last year just because there was one compulsory class that was not open so I just graduated this year.. I never thought I would still be in a long distance relationship until now.

There are things that out of my control. I can't control my father's death, I can't control someone else's decision, to be honest, sometimes I feel like I can't even control my feelings but the truth is I can.. yes, we can. We're the only ones who can control our feelings, emotions, and attitudes.

My new year's resolution is not so trendy or fancy, it is just as simple as this: I want to be able to decide to be happy everyday. Life is hard. People change. They come and go. Money also comes & goes. Don't wait to be happy. Decide to be happy here and now. It's SO hard to make that decision! Even writing this right now isn't easy at all.. My wish for you is that you will decide to be happy in 2018 despite of your situation! I'm sorry that your boyfriend broke up with you, I'm sorry that your parents didn't allow you to go to that university, I'm sorry you haven't seen your dreams come to pass, I'm sorry that person talked to you in that way, and I'm sorry for how your friends treated you, but despite all of that, please don't feel sorry for yourself. Don't be sorry that you're different. Don't be sorry that you're so melancholic. OWN it. It's your boyfriend's loss. It's your friends' loss. Make a decision that you decide to be happy today. If you fail to make that decision today, you can make that decision tomorrow. As a matter of fact, tomorrow is a perfect day for making a new decision! Decide to say hello to 2018 and goodbye to 2017!

P.S: Your failures, disappointments and setbacks in 2017 have changed you on the inside. So don’t regret it. Oswald Chambers once said “You will never cease to be the most amazed person on earth at what God has done for you on the inside”. 2018 is gonna be better!

Comments

Popular Posts