This Moment

'God knows my thoughts. He knows every single thing that's on my mind.' So many times I've wondered if there is somebody out there who understands me, and let me tell you there IS. He might not be visible and can be out of sight, but He's never out of side.

This morning I just got reminded by that truth. I'm an over-thinker. I was just born with that, haha. I think of how my decision will affect me 5 to 10 years from now more than I think of what I wanna have for lunch this afternoon. And it's so easy for me to forget to enjoy this moment, this second. This nice office. This cup of coffee. The people that I'm with (physically & virtually). Every little thing around me. But now, I wanna make that decision to enjoy every little moment & every little step.

I remember once, my dad told me while driving me to my school (TM! Wohoo) "Yem, I really enjoy this moment because one day I won't be able to drive you to school or walk you down the aisle (when he told me this, I was mad at him because I believed he would live longer than anyone) but while I can enjoy this moment, I want you to remember every single day that I spent with you in this car" and he's right about that. I always remember every single day that I spent with him in that Hyundai car (writing this makes me wanna cry). I still remember every single song we listened to on the radio (we always tuned in to 96.3 RPK fm! haha), I still remember every single piece of advice that he gave to me in that car. My dad might had not been rich with fancy cars/stocks/diamonds but he was surely rich with wisdom. I still dearly hold to every wisdom he shared with me. And one of them is to enjoy every moment.

I still don't know what the future holds, but I'll be forever grateful. Grateful for each person that has made me smile & will make me smile, each person that has taught me to be tough by hurting me, each person that God has put in my life and will put in my life. This life won't be as exciting as it would be without them. So, be thankful & be joyful but most importantly, be in this moment. Enjoy this moment while it lasts.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts