Keep Moving Forward

I think this is the biggest lesson that I’ve learned in my life.. We experience loss, heartache and pain in this life but we have to choose to keep moving forward. I remember when I didn’t win Miss Indonesia 2013, I was really sad.. I could say that God knows the best but still I was disappointed at myself at that time and that was the time when I had to choose to move forward.. When I lost my dad in the beginning of 2017, I could just choose to lock myself in my room and cry every single day, but I knew that I had to move forward. When I got rejected by a recording company, I could just keep blaming myself and stop trying but I just moved forward.. it’s so easy to say it when we don’t know exactly what that person has been going through. I don’t think you would say “just move forward” when someone’s child was killed by a reckless person in a car accident.. you wouldn’t say “just move forward” when someone is diagnosed with a chronic disease.. we don’t say things like that. That’s the thing. Whether it’s an emotional pain or physical pain, both can be really really painful. So, when I’m writing this blog, I’m not saying this to ease your pain, because trust me, I understand.. I understand more than you could ever think. We can’t just say “keep moving forward” to minimize the person’s pain but we can say that to ourselves. When I feel like I’m down and I don’t know what else to do, I just say to myself “keep moving forward”.. I don’t even know what I’m moving forward to, as in I don’t know what’s in front of me.. but I can’t just sit and do nothing. I have to wake up everyday, get ready and move forward.. Walking with Jesus is not always ‘WOW! Life is so full of excitement!’ Sometimes we lose our excitement on life, but don’t stop moving forward when you lose excitement on life.. You may not know the plan that God has for you, honestly, I also don’t.. but whatever plan it is that He has, just remember that it is a plan to prosper you, not a plan to bring you harm (Jeremiah 29:11)

So get up today & say "I'm ready to move forward!"


Love you 💙

Comments

Popular Posts