Surrender

I've met so many ladies in my life, who came to me after a church service and then asked me to pray for their future husbands. Please don't get me wrong, I really LOVE praying for ladies and especially praying for a Godly husband. Marriage is something that (almost) every girl has ever dreamt of. Since we were little, we imagined how our wedding would be, how our husband would treat us and how beautiful our marriage will be. Well, at least, I did that :p Marriage is something that most women desire and ask from God. But, there's one thing that really bothers my mind. Sometimes, we desire marriage more than JESUS, Himself. Listen to me carefully, I really love everything about marriage. I love the purpose and the meaning of marriage (Read: Ephesians 5). I love talking about marriage. However, my prayer and desire is that we would pursue Jesus more than anything else. I'm not that kind of extremist who is against girls that like to talk about marriage and like to ask people to pray for them to be married. Haha no! Sure, it's okay to talk about marriage and how you really want it. However, I guess, when we talk about marriage more than we talk about Jesus, there's something wrong with us. We should desire Jesus more than anything. Jesus should be the biggest desire in our hearts. Jesus should be more than enough. There's a sentence that I always say to people "If we don't feel content with only Jesus, we won't feel content with anything else". The point is, do not desire marriage just because you feel that your life will truly be complete when you're finally married to somebody. I feel like writing this because to be honest, sometimes I can be like that. I can talk about marriage more than the CREATOR and the FOUNDER of marriage Himself, which is God. And, I can also be reading books about marriages more than The Book about Him (Read: the bible). Girls, God loves to write romantic stories for us.. but, until we give the pen to Him, we're just gonna be holding on to our own 'dreams' & 'imaginations'. He wants us to make Him the center of our dreams & imaginations and He wants us to be content with His love. These past few days, I've been re-focusing my mind to God. Is He really enough? Or you need Him + somebody else? Girls, God will bring you the right one in the right time. Believe in Him. Believe in His timing. Stop worrying and do not fear. Most importantly, seek Him more than anything else. God is not a stand-in. Let Jesus be the center of our lives in every moment. For when we have Jesus, we have all that we need.

Comments

Popular Posts